Skip to main content

Birds, Bunnies & Butterflies!

It's Spring and it simply calls for bright and fun sewing and embroidery projects.  

Sweet little birds and lovely little butterflies and let's not leave the bunnies out.  I had orders for gender neutral baby sets of burpies, bibs and onsies.   They are a conundrum for me since I love girlifying outfits.

 The birdie print flannel is from Jo Ann's Fabric and a bargain at $2.50 per yard the other day.

Set was made with Riley Blake Butterfly Garden flannel and the butterfly zipper case is perfectly sized to hold a pacifier.



Some bunnies to love.



Oversized monograms on bright springy towels for my mom, sister and niece.  Love the graphic quality and the beautiful digitizing by Planet Applique.  I am never disappointed with the stitch outs of her designs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We All Have Our Baggage

You have probably noticed while traveling that when your luggage comes onto the carousel in baggage claim your little black bag looks pretty much like everyone else's.  I solved this problem by creating monogrammed bag tags. Using bright and beautiful grosgrain ribbon I used a font called Eccentric and embroidered directly onto the ribbon as it was held in place on my stabilizer with adhesive spray. The font was skinny enough that I could use a bigger more bold 2 inch initial.  To make them sturdy enough to survive the handling process I used large grommets. In addition I thought they could use a bit of extra embellishment and I added a wooden bead and some extra ribbons tied on to jazz them up a bit.  Getting that ribbon through the bead proved to be the most difficult part of the entire process but I liked how it finished them. Fun colors that will certain make your bag stand out in a crowd.  We all have our baggage - flag yours! Ribbons are 1 1/2 inche

It's Fall Y'all

Well here we are, leaves are turning, skies are clear and blue and the air is sweet and dry.  It's fall y'all!  I have been busy, busy, busy with Halloween in a few short days and Thanksgiving coming up fast I want to share some of my most recent projects. Burlap Door Hanger Pumpkin Pair Sweet Smiley Pumpkin Soft and Sweet little dress Happy Pumpkin Let's hear it for the boys! When I need art I stitch it. Boo Burlap Door Hanger Fun Pumpkin design

So, Some Sunflowers!

A bit too early for pumpkins I stitched out this beautiful sunflower design from The Itch2Stitch.  It's simple but elegant and a nice transition into fall decorating.  I'm never disappointed with the quality of their digitizing.